Sunday 3 February 2013

Ready for the fray!


So, below is the list I finally decided to go with for the tournament. The observant will notice that there are not many heavy weapons on this list; just two Multi-Meltas and two Heavy Bolters; I'm facing three armies that will probably have quite a bit of infantry, so I don't really consider this a major problem. If I do get any nasty surprises...well, that's what the two Multi-Meltas and the Meltagun are for! Fingers crossed.

The basic plan is fairly simple; the three Rhinos will start on the table, fully loaded, and close the range on the enemy as rapidly as possible; the idea being to get the units on board within 12 inches of the enemy battle line, and then open up with everything they've got. The enlarged Command Squad will close on the enemy with all speed, going for a nice tough unit – their job is to deal with anything I can't shoot to death. The Land Speeder Scouts and the Attack Bikes will be held in reserve, in order to fill any gaps in the line and secure objectives in the mid-to-late game.

Obviously, I don't intend anyone to be in the Rhinos by Turn 2...I can either use them as mobile scenery, try and do a bit of tank rushing...it's three more Storm Bolters and some Smoke Grenades at the very least, which provides a little more protection where required.

At this point...I reckon I have the best chance against the 'Nids with this list; they'll struggle to even get into my Rhinos. The Dark Eldar and Tau are likely to be the tougher nuts to crack...but I think this list is competitive given the armies I am set to face.

To battle!

Army List
  • Captain (Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, Artificer Armour)
  • Command Squad (Champion, Apothecary, Flamer, Flamer, Flamer, Rhino)
  • Techmarine (Servo-Harness, Servitor)
  • Tactical Squad (Heavy Bolter, Flamer, Rhino)
  • Tactical Squad (Multi-Melta, Meltagun, Rhino)
  • Scout Squad (Combat Knives, Bolt Pistols)
  • Land Speeder Storm (Heavy Bolter)
  • Attack Bike (Multi-Melta) 


No comments:

Post a Comment